Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Introducing...

If I could have any super hero power, I would want the ability to know people's names. I love getting to know people, and the first step in that process is learning their name. I tried writing a letter to the president convincing him that everyone should wear those "Hello, my name is..." stickers, but all I got was a lousy signed photograph. I'm convinced he never read it.

I thought it would be fun to get to know those of you who read this blog. Here's what I'm thinking: copy the questions at the bottom of this post, and write your own post on your own blog answering one or all of the questions, or make up your own! Then leave a comment with a link here, so we all know to go read your inticing answers. If you don't want to create a whole post, I'd love it if you'd at least leave me a link so I can go see your beautiful blog. Hopefully this isn't too bossy of a post. My brothers tell me I'm very bossy. I prefer the term assertive.

Here are my answers:
1. Do you have any nicknames? What are they? Where did they come from?
My mom calls me Birdie, and any variation of the name such as Red Bird, Jenny Bird, Bird of Paradise, Aunt Birdie, etc. For over a decade she has had this name for me. She has even decided that I should collect bird items and encourages others to use it too. I think her hope is that when I'm old everyone will know me as Birdie instead of Jenny.

2. If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass onto your children, what would it be?
I know the physical trait would be my red hair, but that doesn't answer the question. Personality wise it would be my optimism.

3. If you could have any celebrity for a father and mother, who would you pick?
I love my Momma and Daddy, so it would be hard to switch, but if you're forcing me, I'd pick Tom Hanks to be my dad. Although hopefully he wouldn't let me fly to New York by myself like he did his son in "Sleepless in Seattle." For a mom I would defintely choose Carol Burnett.

4. Name your 3 favorite blogs.
The Lettered Cottage
Fly Through Our Window
Jasmine Star

5. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
I think I always wanted to be a teacher as a career. I did consider being a journalist, or even a lawyer, but in the end I knew that I wanted to work with kids. When I was in third grade I wanted to be the First Lady of the United States. I didn't realize that you had to be married to the president to have that title. I thought I just got to entertain and read books in schools.

Here are the questions for you to copy and paste:
1. Do you have any nicknames? Explain. :)
2. If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass onto your children, what would it be?
3. If you could have any celebrity for a father and mother, who would you pick?
4. Name your 3 favorite blogs.
5. What did you want to be when you were growing up?

I look forward to reading your answers, and getting to know you all, one blog at a time.
:), Jenny

4 comments:

  1. Hey there! I found your blog through Kelly's Korner today, and love it! Your kitchen looks amazing! :) I enjoyed your q&a and decided to copy it on my page, so you can check that out if you want! :) www.meghancresawn.blogspot.com. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...assertive is a much better term than bossy:)

    i answered the q&a on my blog. it will be my post for tomorrow. here is my link:
    http://grace8484.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl.. I answered on my blog as well...

    http://raylenenicole.blogspot.com/2010/03/getting-to-know.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know its way late, but here's my answers!
    http://shmeganator.blogspot.com/2010/04/ok-here-it-goes.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your kind words. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and check back for an answer!
:j