If it weren't for my cousin Tracie and her incessant nagging begging for blog posts, there is a good chance that this blog would have died months ago. I guess it kind of did die for a while, but I am in the process of reviving it. Anyway, Tracie turned 21 this week, and so this post is for her. (I'm lying about her age, by the way so that I don't have to write as much - and to protect her identity.)
21 Things I Love about Tracie
1. She instinctly knows when 2 o'clock rolls around because that means it's Happy Hour at Sonic.
2. She's been known to buy my drink at Sonic - but only if it's Happy Hour.
3. When her baby is throwing a fit, she calls it a come apart.
4. Her name is alliteration, which I love.
5. She named her baby Jenner after me. (That isn't entirely true, but I'm going to claim it.)
6. She comes to visit us once a year even though we don't go visit her.
7. She is also a school librarian.
8. She cried bawled through the last Harry Potter movie.
9. She reads my blog.
10. Not only does she read it, she tells me it's funny.
11. She brings Tonya with her when she comes to visit.
12. She can tell a story like no one I know.
13. Her little boy is adorable, and he is excellent at impersonating a monkey.
14. She comments on my Facebook albums.
15. She is a wonderful mom to Jenner.
16. She has the best Arkansas accent.
17. When referring to appointments with her OBGYN, she calls it an "open house" (Is that blog appropriate? Probably not.)
18. She is open about her Facebook stalking, which I appreciate as one of her stalkees.
19. She's hilarious.
20. She's laid back.
21. She's my relative, so that has to say something!
Summer is officially over for me. It's back to work, so I thought I would give a quick tribute to the lazy days of June and July - especially since I didn't blog much about it during the actual months.
My summer started with a hiking trip with my family. We went to the Buffalo River area in Arkansas. The reason we went was Decoration Day and a family reunion. We hiked, canoed, and had a lot of fun as a family.
It ended with a trip to Colorado. (Well actually, it ended with a trip to the lake with my sister-in-laws, but I didn't take any photos there, so it doesn't get a full write up.) Anyway, in Colorado we hiked some more, drove a lot, and just enjoyed each others company. It was one of the best road trips ever. The scenery was gorgeous and the people were so much fun.
In between those trips, I hung out with friends a lot. We played volleyball, washers, card games, and stayed up way too late.
Oh, and I planted a garden. Unfortunately gardening and traveling don't really go hand in hand, but I'm still looking forward to a pumpkin harvest this fall!
Plus I spent some time at camp and VBS with my church.
The best part about my summer was I got a new sister-in-law!! Watch out world, there are 2 Jenny Colliers now!