Tuesday, September 07, 2010

For those who are willing to make an effort, great miracles and wonderful treasures are in store. -Isaac Singer

The Lettered Cottage is hosting a Linky Party to show off this season's yard sale finds. Internet, you know I love a good garage sale, and that my grandma loves one even more. She is the yard sale queen, for those of you who don't remember. Seriously, you'd be amazed. My entire house is furnished by other people's unwanted treasures. I don't have a single thing that I bought at a "real store." Most of those things come from grandma's early morning hunting, but every now and then I join her in the chase. Here are a few from this summer.

Technically, this is from spring, and technically it isn't my find, but it is one of my favorites. This oil painting which hangs in my dining room was $1. Yep, you read that right, one dollar. Amazing, huh?


Disclaimer: The green in my entry way does not photograph well. It isn't quite this dark.

All of these things were from summer sales. The top stained glass was my grandma's find. I traded her an orange stained glass for this clear piece. The frame is also from a sale. It was 50 cents. I loved how it was distressed. The window at the bottom was $4, and my mom had the idea to group all the window pieces together on the wall. I love it.


This is my latest find. I got this while I was in Springfield visiting some friends. I went to get coffee and ended up at a few sales. My friends made fun of me, but it was worth it for this $4 chair.


This rug was another spring find. Mom gets credit for this one. She saw it and snatched it up. I honestly didn't like it at first, but it's really grown on me. I think she paid $10 for it, but I'm not positive.


I could keep going, but I have to go read about everyone else's finds!
:j

4 comments:

  1. This was fun today! Visiting from Layla's blog! WOW! $4.00! That is a deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the window grouping!! Saw you on The Lettered Cottage. I love finds like that.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll never get over some of the things people get rid of... Lucky for us garage salers though, isn't it? Great finds.

    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your green entry way with the old wooden window. I am working on a project right now. Wish you were here to help me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your kind words. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and check back for an answer!
:j