Labor Day is one of my favorite holidays. Okay, Internet, I confess, all holidays are my favorite holiday, but today it's Labor Day. I love Labor Day because it is the first day off work for the school year, and it marks summer's end, which means autumn is coming. If I could run off and marry a season, it would be Autumn. Here are the reasons I adore Fall so much....
1. Hoodie Weather - I love being all cozy in a hoodie
2. Scarfs - How many scarfs constitute an addiction? I'm not sure I want to tell you how many I have because you may accuse me of being addicted. Let's just say I have a basket full. It's up to you to decide the size of the basket.
3. Starbucks Fall Flavors - Pumpkin Spice Latte? Yes, please.
4. Friday Night Lights - a.k.a. High School Football. My cousin plays, and the other cousins are cheerleaders. I love it.
5. My Birthday!
6. Wardrobe Change - Getting to pull out the cold weather clothes is like a shopping spree without the spending.
7. The Colors - Personally, I don't think the flowers of spring have anything on the leaves of fall.
8. Bonfires - Specifically smores
9. Pumpkin covered Porches - If I could afford to cover my entire front porch in pumpkins, I would do it in a heartbeat.
10. Non-Sweat - It's fabulous being able to walk outside and say, "Isn't it lovely?" instead of "Holy Gamoly it's hot!" (Gamoly is pronounced Ga-mole-eee)
Some of you may think I'm pushing summer out the door too soon, but I just think we should cherish as many Autumnal days as possible. I'm just ready for the tree in front of my house to be this color again.
What's your favorite thing about Autumn? Or for those crazies that read my blog, why don't you like Autumn?