Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mud Room Episode 6

I'm dealing with party aftermath by blogging right now. My kitchen looks like this, so I should be cleaning and putting away food, but instead I'm watching last week's Office episode and blogging. Don't judge me Internet.

We had a surprise birthday party for my friend, Raylene. She didn't see it coming at all, so it was perfect. The best part (of course besides her face when she realized we were all hiding in my kitchen) was this banner that I whipped up with pre-sized scrap book paper and Starbucks coffee sleeves.



Okay, maybe that wasn't the best part of the party, but I just wanted to show it off. I'm done being braggy. Now it's time for me to show off the mud room. A lot has changed since last episode

First, the steps. A couple of weeks ago I went to a flea market on a mission to find yard sticks. Thankfully, I found what I needed, so my steps now look like this.



Next, I added a few jars above my washing machine. (Okay 11 jars is a bit more than a few.)


See that thing in the corner of the first jar photo? That's what we're working on now. It's a giant vinyl rub-on that says "I gave Him my old tattered garment; He gave me a robe of pure white." I'm waiting for dad to help me level it before finishing it.

Hopefully I only have 1 episode left. In that episode you'll get to see the vinyl finished, and the new work table instead of the sewing machine. On top of that, I'm hoping to have it all organized and pretty. Hopefully it works out for me. Until then here are a couple of different views.



It's coming together - slow and steady wins the race!
:j
P.S. Just so you know, while the photos were uploading I cleaned my kitchen, so it no longer is a hot mess like you saw above.



7 comments:

  1. Love the yardsticks - what a clever idea and makes a great impact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that banner is awesome!! great idea with the starbucks sleeves! so what, did you stand there and just clean out their little supply of them? anything in the name of good craftiness, I say.

    your mudroom is looking great. you're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea with the yardsticks! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the little touches. They really make the areas pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful place! Love the colors it's so cozy and inviting=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the yardsticks!! I honestly love your whole space and I am slightly jealous...okay, a LOT jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your new space! It is sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your kind words. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and check back for an answer!
:j