Sunday, December 16, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time...

 I love Christmas, and I love decorating, so Christmas decorating is one of my favorites. In fact, I have 7 totes full of Christmas decor, which in my opinion is a lot for a single girl who has simply collecting things here and there from garage sales & family member's basements. I typically don't use it all, but I like to have options when I'm decorating. I thought I'd link up with Kelly's Korner, and give you a quick tour.

First off, I love Nativities. I think I got it from my Momma. Here's all my nativity stuff. I learned from an interior decorator a while back that it's best to group things that are alike together. Therefore all of my nativity stuff ends up together.


I picked up this hoop art at a garage sale for a quarter this summer. 


My grandpa brought back this nativity set from Isreal. I love it so much. This is the first year I've used the lace table cloth around it. (I stole it from my Momma's garage sale this summer.) I like the way the table cloth sets off the nativity.


 All of my Santa items go on the table in the living room. The green glass is so versatile. It's on the table all year, but goes from season to season perfectly.




My kitchen table center piece. Just a lazy susan and mason jars. Nothing too fancy this year.


This year I started a Jesse Tree. The verse above the tree is Galatians 3:29, which reads "If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's offspring & heirs according to promise." I'm hoping to blog more about my Jesse Tree soon, but for those of you who don't know, it is essentially the lineage of Christ. Each day a new ornament goes on that represents a different person in Christ's family tree. The reason I posted Galatians 3:29 above the tree is because it tells us that if we've accepted Christ, then we are part of Abraham's offspring, so therefore it is our family tree. Pretty amazing.


Some people make their ornaments for their advent calendars, and some people buy them. I just used traditional ornaments, and drew the symbols on with a Sharpie because I'm classy like that. Hopefully I'll get to post about it soon, but until then, you can Google "Jesse Tree" and find some information. It isn't the most well known form of an Advent Calendar, but I love the idea of teaching my future children how the stories in the Old Testament point to the birth of Jesus, so that is why I'm choosing to have one.


Something I need more of in my Christmas Totes is snowmen. I'm majorly lacking in the snow department. This little guy is basically the only one I've got.


I don't have a "real" Christmas tree. I just use this cute little pink one. Someday when I'm married, I will have a big tree, but for now, this is all I need.

 Hanging next to my tree is a photo holder which I use to display my Christmas Cards.


I'm so glad you stopped by for the tour. I wish you all could come over and take a real tour while I feed you Gma's peanut brittle & chocolate chip cookies. Until then, this will have to do.

:j

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your kind words. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and check back for an answer!
:j