Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Twenty-Eight

Today I turn another year older. It has been such an amazing birthday. I feel so loved and cherished. It's wonderful. I started my day with a free Starbucks drink, my fellows made me a sign for my door, and my boss made me pumpkin surprise cake (DELISH!). A couple of gals took me out to lunch, along with my birthday twin, Morgan. Momma showed up at work with homemade brownies and balloons. My friend Beth surprised me with the movie "What About Bob?" (Internet, you might remember that movie from my goals list. We're not talking about that today though because I don't want to feel like a failure, so hush it.) Plus I got all kinds of texts and wall posts. I love random texts. Oh, and I discovered the show "Duck Dynasty." If you haven't seen it yet, check it out. It's hilarious. 

All of that to say, birthdays are great because they remind me that I am blessed beyond measure. This morning I was reading my daily devotional, and it referenced Ephesians 3:20 & 21. This also happens to be the FCA verse for the year. It says, 
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." 
The thing I love about birthdays is looking back on the last year and realizing how far I've come. It's amazing how many experiences one has in a year. During the time that I was 27, I traveled to New Orleans & Seattle, welcomed a new nephew into the world, changed jobs, celebrated 5 years of teaching the 2-year-old Sunday School class at church, participated in two 5Ks, photographed weddings and new babies, started my third year as a cheerleading coach, witnessed friends get married & engaged, rekindled old friendships, and many other little things that I don't even remember. 

And the best part of all of that, is I wouldn't have imagined most of those things on my 27th birthday. But God did. He knew every detail of every moment of the past year. And He knows every detail of every moment for the coming year. All I have to do is trust. 
:j


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your kind words. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and check back for an answer!
:j