Monday, June 21, 2010

Why Weight? Episode 3

It's amazing how much better ice cream sounds when you're on a diet. Well, the good news is I'm not really on a diet, I'm on a lifestyle change. Then again, the definition of a diet is a particular selection of food or limiting quantities of food in order to lose weight, so maybe I am on a diet. Either way I need to cut back my ice cream intake. 

The good news is Weight Watchers is going well for me. This week I lost 5 pounds....well technically 4.8, but whose counting? (The people at WW, that's who!) Today I learned that the average portion size at restaurants has tripled in the past 15 years. Craziness, eh? Maybe I should be better about sharing with someone else or taking a portion home with me for lunch the next day.

I still haven't joined a gym. Sorry to disappoint. Tomorrow I'm hoping to start a running plan my friend Danielle recommended. I need to get up early though so I beat the heat!

In other news, there is a dog that needs a home. She is a goldendoodle, and I really want her, but my family keeps telling me know. Oh the internal conflicts I face! Maybe some ice cream will help....
:j

1 comment:

  1. Hey guess what!? I'm also doing the couch potato to 5k program if that is the one you are talking about. I'm hoping to run a 5k by October. Ice cream is my achilles heel as well....sometimes when I need some worse than I need air I order something from Andys, dump half of it out, and then enjoy half a cup. Ok I lie, I've never really done that, but it seems like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your kind words. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and check back for an answer!
:j