Monday, December 20, 2010

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life. Greg Anderson

A few days ago, I updated you all on my 50 goals that I wanted to complete in 500 days. I think it's time for a new list. This time I'm going to complete 27 items before I turn 27. That gives me from now until October 17th. This is in lieu of any New Year's Resolutions because the other day on Facebook I said I'd already started my New Year's Resolutions because I'm an over achiever. That was actually a lie. I just said it to be funny. This is my attempt to make that lie a reality.

Without further adieu, here are my 27 things....

  1. Watch the movie, "What About Bob?"
  2. Visit Chicago
  3. Knit a scarf
  4. Start my doctorate
  5. Get photography business onto The Knot
  6. Enter a 5K
  7. Memorize a book of the Bible 
  8. Sew something pretty
  9. Finish decorating my mud room
  10. Clean out my linen closet
  11. Take 1 picture every day
  12. Go camping
  13. Blog every day for a month
  14. Make a photo book of my college years
  15. Read 50 books
  16. Try Yoga for a month
  17. Donate 10 inches to Locks of Love
  18. Try a new restaurant
  19. Make my bed every day for a month
  20. Fast Facebook for a week
  21. Memorize one verse of the Bible each month
  22. Build a snowman
  23. Give up sweets for a month
  24. Teach Kody a new trick
  25. Clean and decorate my back porch
  26. Play in a poker tournament
  27. Taste a new fruit
I might also get a tattoo. Thoughts?
:j

2 comments:

  1. gaaah you lied on facebook?! I really thought you were an overachiever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do 1, 2, 12, 15, 19, 20 (for sixty years), 21, been doing 23 for awhile and need to start again, 27 I think.

    16 is not that special, Yoga is based on the Hindu religious movements, you can just stretch and get similar benefits without making it "Yoga".

    So, 15, what book are you reading now? Book list!? How do you prioritize what books to read, is it just a random thing or carefully selected? I'm reading 10 books right now. I get recommended books but also find books on Amazon. I want to read Crazy Love by Francis Chan. The Shack was actually pretty interesting. Gospel for Asia by K.P. Yohanan is really mind altering, culture shock in a book. Re-reading First Things First - Covey et al. The Naked Gospel was really good and liberating, mostly a Hebrews commentary. I end up reading books as I'm studying the bible. I've been tasked with personally applying the promises from the bible, so my first step is to find them and make then personal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your kind words. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and check back for an answer!
:j