Monday, August 30, 2010

Paigeroni

I love my cousins. They are adorable. If I had to choose one group of people to spend every day of the rest of my life with, my cousins would probably be that group. (Notice that I said probably. I'm not ruling out the cast of The Office.) I've grew up being best friends with one of my cousins, baby-sitting my cousins, and playing all sorts of board games with them at holidays or just anytime we all ended up at my grandparents' house - which is more often than you realize. 

This year I have 2 cousins that are officially seniors in high school. I can't believe that next year at this time they will be living in dorms and having fun in college. It's just too much. They were supposed to stay little and cute with big cheer bows in their hair forever. Well, they're both still quite cute and one still rocks the cheer bows, so I guess the main change is that they've grown older. I don't remember giving them permission to do so. Oh well, the good thing is I got to take one of their senior photos last night.

Paige, or as I tend to call her, Paigeroni, has not been looking forward to this day. She doesn't like to shop or be photographed, so senior photos were the equivalent to a medieval torture device in her mind. Lucky for her, she had Kristen and I right there with her. I was so proud of her. There was no complaining or even an odd "really, you want me to pose like that?" face. (Okay, maybe a couple of those faces, but not nearly as many as I usually get from her.) I am going to give Kristen credit for dancing behind me while I was photographing, and Paige credit for doing her best to make her momma and the rest of us happy.

Kristen and Paige grew up together. They're what I call cousin-friends. They even go to the same high school and church, just like Natalie and I did. It's a family thing.

I have to get this quick photo of Kristen out of the way because I just think she is so darling. 

The main reason behind this shoot was to get the yearbook shot for Paige. Studio shots are not my favorite, but I'm happy with what we got.



After we got the formals done, we drove down the road to a cool field with a gravel road and twisty trees. The girls said it seemed like a super secret location which is how we like it.



Paige loves her cowboy boots, and I love her plaid shirt.

This photo reminds me of when she was little.




Paige, I know I keep saying it, but I can't believe you are a senior in high school! It's been such a blessing to watch you blossom into a beautiful young woman. God has HUGE plans for your life, and I can't wait to see what they are. Keep your heart hidden in Christ. I love you!
:j

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your kind words. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and check back for an answer!
:j