Sunday, January 20, 2013

Fridge Clean Out

Last week at Weight Watchers, we talked about cleaning out our fridges. It was more of a metaphor about getting the junk food out and the healthy food in, but I took it literally. My fridge was in high need of TLC. Take a look for yourself...


Yeah, it was pretty gross. I won't get into details, but lets just say the holidays hadn't left my refrigerator yet. #yuck The first thing I did was turn the fridge off. I didn't even know you could do this, but as I started the process I realized that there was an off knob on my fridge thermostat.

Yes, I do see the grossness surrounding the thermostat. I'm happy to say that is no longer there.
Then I took EVERYTHING out. I mean everything....food, shelves, the butter tray, everything.


This left me with a nice blank canvas to being cleaning.


At this point, I learned if I ever need to mail myself somewhere, a box the size of my refrigerator would be sufficient. I literally climbed right in there. I wiped everything down with a hot, wet wash cloth first, then I bleached it, and then I wiped it down one more time. If there were stubborn spots (like that huge gross one you see in the photo above), I got out the baking soda. Once the spots sat with baking soda on them for a minute, they came right up. I also took glass cleaner to the shelves while they were out of the fridge.

Then it was time to put the shelves back, but first I lined them with non-sticky, heavy duty shelf liner.
I also threw away some stuff, repackaged a few things, and got my fridge organized. Now it looks like this....


I moved the stuff that I don't really need to be eating down low. My veggies are nice and center.

Now it's time to get some grocery shopping done!
:j

2 comments:

  1. What a transformation!! Well done!
    Love the idea of using the markers on the tupperware too. I need to start doing that b/c I always forget what date I put them in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the marker idea! I have always dated open jars and tubs (salsa, pasta sauce, sour cream) with a permanent marker, but hadn't thought about tupperware and a non-permanent one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your kind words. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and check back for an answer!
:j