Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Grilled Apple-Cheese Sandwich

Growing up my family used come home from church on Sunday nights and eat dinner while watching Nature on PBS. More often than not, Momma would make grilled cheese. Then one day, I decided that I didn't like grilled cheese. It's not that I didn't like it. It just didn't thrill me. I could take it, but I'd rather leave it. You know what I mean?

That lasted until last night. Last night I decided to try putting apples on my grilled cheese sandwich, and it was amazing. It's my new invention. I call it a Grilled Chapple Sandwich. Here's how you can make your own.

First slice a Granny Smith apple really thin. You might be able to try a different type of apple, but this is what I had. (Yes, my knife is pink.)

Butter your bread. Then layer your sandwich with cheese, apple slices, and another bit of cheese. Use whatever bread you want. Use whatever cheese you want. I used 12 grain bread, and sharp cheddar cheese.


Give your sandwich a hat. (That's what my nephew calls the top slice of sandwich bread.)


Grill it, just like you would normal grilled cheese. Medium heat, butter, flipping only once.


Eat & Enjoy!


Try it. You'll never go back. Plus it's a great way to get in a serving of fruit.
:j

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your kind words. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and check back for an answer!
:j