Friday, October 21, 2011

Twenty-Seven

This blog post is for Kristen. If you beg enough on my Facebook wall, I'll update my blog. To be quite honest, Internet, I just haven't felt very inspired lately. I have had a lot going on, but I do want to be better. So for now, forgive my intermittent posting, and maybe someday I will be a regular blogger again. :)


This week I turned 27 years old. Typing it brings a whole new reality to it. Some of you may remember that I was keeping a 27 things to do before turning 27 list. Here are those things with my accomplishments....and of course the failures. To be honest more failures than I'd hoped for.


  • Watch the movie, "What About Bob?" - FAIL - You'd think this would be an easy one. Some day. :)



  • Visit Chicago - FAIL -  I had the chance, but chose my gap's birthday party instead.



  • Knit a scarf - FAIL - I did however, crochet a hat.



  • Start my doctorate - FAIL - I'm too undecided about what to study or if I even want a doctorate.



  • Get photography business onto The Knot - FAIL - In fact, I'm kind of pulling back on photographing weddings. I prefer to shoot with Cherish as a second shooter instead of being the main.



  • Enter a 5K - FAIL. Although I did start to run....a little.



  • Memorize a book of the Bible - FAIL - But I've been memorizing a verse a week with my small group girls



  • Sew something pretty - ACCOMPLISHED - I've sewed a few little things, but I'd like to sew a dress or something cool like that.



  • Finish decorating my mud room - ACCOMPLISHED - And thanks to my amazing Momma it is now organized to a T



  • Clean out my linen closet - ACCOMPLISHED - Now if only I could say the same about my office....



  • Take 1 picture every day - FAIL - I want to try to pick this one up again



  • Go camping - FAIL - We were all geared up and ready to go in April, but we ended up at my uncle's house both nights.



  • Blog every day for a month - FAIL - Sorry, Internet, I know how important this one was to you, too.



  • Make a photo book of my college years - FAIL - I'd totally forgotten about this one!



  • Read 50 books - ACCOMPLISHED - I can't list them, but I have read at least 50 books this year. One of the joys of being a librarian.



  • Try Yoga for a month - FAIL - I did however try a class.



  • Donate 10 inches to Locks of Love - FAIL - I'm hoping to get a few more inches before I donate.



  • Try a new restaurant - ACCOMPLISHED



  • Make my bed every day for a month - FAIL - I just don't have the desire to make my bed daily.



  • Fast Facebook for a week - ACCOMPLISHED - Although not on purpose. It was a matter of busy-ness combined with fasting.



  • Memorize one verse of the Bible each month - ACCOMPLISHED



  • Build a snowman - ACCOMPLISHED



  • Give up sweets for a month - ACCOMPLISHED - And I'm doing it again soon.



  • Teach Kody a new trick - FAIL - He is terribly trained. Some day I'll get my act together. :)



  • Clean and decorate my back porch - SOMEWHAT ACCOMPLISHED - I hope to continue sprucing it up



  • Play in a poker tournament - FAIL - I don't even think I played poker this year



  • Taste a new fruit - ACCOMPLISHED - Kumquat. It was decent.




  • Okay, so I got 11/27. Not my best work. But here I did a lot of unlisted things in the past year, like take a road trip to Colorado, start leading a small group for freshmen girls, grow a garden with pumpkins....I'm sure there are other things, I'm just not thinking of them right now. Regardless, it was a good year, and I know that God has big plans for my 27th year. Tune in tomorrow for 28 things to do before turning 28. Heaven knows I need goals to keep me going. 
    :j

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your kind words. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and check back for an answer!
    :j