Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Great fathers get promoted to grandfathers." -unknown

Today is my grandpa's 75th birthday.

Like I've said before, he really is the #1 Grandpa. He comes to our games, buys ice cream, hangs out with us, takes us places, calls us, texts us, writes on our Facebook walls, and all the things that good grandpa's do, but to be #1 Grandpa you have to set yourself apart from the rest. My grandpa definitely sets himself apart from the rest.

There are so many stories I could tell you about gpa. Like the time he had a raffle for a clock. Or how he'd wake up at 2 am to reset his clocks for Daylight Savings. One time we were in the car, and my cousin was texting him, but he kept answering it like a phone call. He'd put it to his ear, say "hello," then say, "Oh yeah, it's a text message." This happened at least 6 times. I'm not kidding.

Grandpa definitely keeps us laughing. He dances in restaurants, talks louder than a clap of thunder, and says whatever comes into his head. Even though we love him dearly for those things, that still is not what makes him the best. He is the best grandpa because he thinks each of us are the best grandchildren. Even though we're not. 

He loves us to the hilt. He is willing to sit through hours of football or basketball games to cheer us on whether we're playing, cheering, or just go to the school. He prays for each of us by name with my grandma every morning before he leaves for work. He was the one to baptize each of us. He buys special things for his great grandchildren because he just wants to see them smile. He watches hours and hours and hours of "Little Bear" because even though it's enough to push any grown human over the edge, it's Eva's favorite. We are spoiled rotten by his love and kindness, but he wouldn't have it any other way.

I could go on and on, but I'll spare you all because I want you to keep reading my blog.
Happy Birthday to the Best Grandpa in the World! You really are #1.

:j

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pretty cool guy! :) You are a pretty cool chick so sounds like it runs in the family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your kind words. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and check back for an answer!
:j