Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Do any of you have trouble switching seasons in regards to your wardrobe? What I mean is, do you struggle remembering what to wear in the summer after a long winter of tights, boots, and scarfs? I tend to forget what I wore last year, so I have to make up all new outfits. It takes about 3 weeks of warm (or cool) weather before I start getting into the swing of things. Before I realize that I can wear those shoes with that dress or that I can make that a "summer sweater" by wearing it with shorts. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? There is a good chance that it is just me.

Luckily, I'm starting to get into the swing of summer. That means my legs are shaved regularly enough that I don't have to cover them with a maxi dress, and my toenails are perfectly polished, so I don't have to cover them with ballet flats. Here's what I've been wearing lately....

One of these days, I'm going to take pictures of my outfits with a real camera in my full length mirror, but for now, this is what you get.


Sweater: Old Navy ($9.99 Clearance!)
Tank Top - ????
Scarf - TJ Maxx
Shorts - Maurices
Shoes - Sperrys


This was my first day of classes. I wore MU colors even though I'm getting my doctorate from KU. I was being passive agressive.
Dress: TJ Maxx
Cardigan: Lane Bryant
Purse: Kate Spade


Shirt: Lane Bryant
Sweater Thing: Old Navy
Pants: Half of Half ($2!!!)
Purse: Garage Sale


I love maxi dresses! Love them.
Dress: New York and Company
Sweater: Old Navy (I bought it in high school!)

I wore this to shoot a wedding a couple of weeks ago.
Dress: Half of Half
Boots: Garage Sale
Belt: Cato


This dress was never actually worn. It was one of those moments when I put something on in the dressing room, and thought it was ADORABLE, then got home and realized I looked like a bridesmaid from 1988. It was awful. I literally laughed at myself in the mirror. It was terrible and went straight back to TJ Maxx.

So I'm back in summer mode, and I love having a tan and painted toenails and no make-up. Do you guys tend to wear a lot less make-up in the summer, or is that just me? Maybe it's a teacher thing.  I feel like I'm asking a lot of questions in this post, so I'm going to go ahead and end it here.
:j

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your kind words. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and check back for an answer!
:j