1. If you had a mission statement for your blog... what would it be?
This is the real reason I haven't answered these questions. I don't feel like I have a great answer for this question, and if you can't start strong, then why start at all? This blog started to chronicle my home renovation, but since then it's become more of a blog just about my life. I hope that when people come here they find genuine-ness, grace, and fun. And even though many of my posts don't directly talk about my faith or Christ, I pray that He is glorified through my writing. In my "About Me" section I said, "All I know is that when people look at me, I want them to see Christ. When the talk to me, I want them to hear the Holy Spirit, and when they hang out with me, I pray they find God. Because really, that's what life is all about." And that pretty much sums it up.
2. What is your favorite feature about yourself?
If we're talking physical, it's my red hair. Personality wise, I love how easily I laugh.
3. If you could live in any decade... which would you live in and why?
I think I would make a great pioneer woman -- not like the blogger, although I have a lot in common with her. I'm talking Little House on the Prairie style. Bonnets, long skirts, saloons. It would be good.
4. What are your top 5 favorite things about your spouse? If you're single... what are the top 5 qualities you are looking for in a future spouse?
If you've been around here for long, you know I'm single. I wrote a whole post about what I'm looking for in a spouse. You can read it here. Ultimately I want whatever the Lord deems is good for me. However, just for fun, here are 5 silly things that I think would be good to have:
1. Not afraid of mice -- I have a huge fear of mice, so it's important that he doesn't.
2. Good taste buds -- I like to cook, so he needs to be able to taste. Important stuff here.
3. The ability to understand taughing -- that's talking + laughing. It's a gift of mine. Ask me to tell you a funny story, and you'll understand what I mean in about 4 seconds -- actually chances are you won't understand me at all.
4. Hair Appreciation - I have a lot of hair. Sometimes it ends up on bathroom floors or in drains, so a nice appreciation of my hair might alleviate any aggravation that could come from finding it everywhere. I mean everywhere.
5. Not Camera Shy - I take a lot of photos.
5. If you could spend the day with a celebrity... who would it be and why?
Hmmm, I'm not good at staying up with celebrities. I'd choose Miley Cyrus. She's gotten a lot of bad press lately. She could probably use a friend.
6. Favorite disney movie?
Little Mermaid: Red hair, singing, swimming, overly trusting. She's me in Disney form.
7. What is your favorite hobby?
My favorite hobby is baking, but I hate cleaning the kitchen afterward.
8. If you were given the chance... what 1 piece of advice would you give yourself at age 16?
Ooh, this is a difficult one. I think I would tell myself to be as kind as possible to everyone, and take every chance to show Jesus to the people around you.
9. What is your favorite thing about your christian community?
That we actually live life together by eating together, talking about day to day things, and just hanging out with each other.
10. What is your favorite quote?
"Let the things that break the heart of God, break my heart." Thomas A. Kempis
11. What is your biggest weakness and how do you embrace/deal with it?
My biggest weakness is wanting to hit cars in front of me that aren't moving when the light turns green. I deal with it by remembering that my insurance would not pay for me to run over other cars. I also avoid driving a monster truck in an attempt to lessen the temptation.