Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Someone told me there's a girl out there with love in her eyes, and flowers in her hair. -Led Zeplin

Every few months or so, my girl cousins and I have a slumber party. They used to be at my grandparents house, but now I've become the official host. This time we had a craft time because we're getting a new cousin (sister-in-law for me), and she always wears adorable flowers in her hair. Her name is Jenny, and we want to be just like her, so we decided to make some of our own.
I would give you step by step instructions, but we were just making it up as we went. I can tell you that you need hot glue, flowers, ribbons, and hair clips. You might also want buttons or rhinestones. All can be found at the piece of heaven we have on earth called Hobby Lobby. If you don't have a Hobby Lobby near you, I am having a moment of silence for you right now because you don't even realize that your life is not as full and complete as it could be.

The girls were crafting the night away. We didn't get started until about midnight, so I'm being literal when I say that.

I was trying to get a photo of the flower I made, so you could get an idea, but I wasn't trying very hard to get the flower in focus, so I apologize.
There is a very good chance that Hayley used 50% of all our supplies. Here she is wrapping ribbon around the hair clip. It makes it prettier, and then your hair doesn't get caught in the hinge of the clip. She made some really cute ones where she layered buttons and stuff. I should have gotten pictures, but like I said, it was midnight and we were tired.




Maybe I'll make a few more, so I can give you all better directions. I'll warn you though that they are absolutely addicting. Once you make one, you think you need 45 to go with all of your different outfits.
:j

1 comment:

  1. I shared with my co-worker and she is going to do this with her daughter. Thanks Jen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your kind words. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and check back for an answer!
:j